As Mesa’s auto tint experts, we get a lot of questions about window tinting products. One of the most common questions that we receive is how long can auto window tint last in Mesa and how can you tell when tint removal is necessary? The answer to this question depends on a variety of factors, which we will explain in detail.
How Long Does Window Tint Last?
There are generally four factors that determine how long does window tint lasts. These include the quality of the window tint, the quality of the installation, how much heat and sun the film is exposed to, and what products are used for cleaning. But, of course, always remember that all things have a lifespan, which means your window tint will eventually need replacement.
Quality of tint
Standard window tint generally lasts up to 5 years on average. However, higher-quality films made with metal, ceramic, and high-grade polyester can last up to 10 years time. Always remember that the lifespan of window tint will inevitably decrease in time if maintenance isn’t done properly. Improper care of the tint can alter its quality and prevent it from offering the best protection.
Poor installation can prevent the window film from adhering properly to the glass and will cause it to wear down quicker. A professional installer will ensure that the window film is cut and installed precisely for a perfect fit and maximum lifetime performance.
Direct exposure to sunlight can cause window film to degrade quicker, especially if the film is lacking in quality. This is why a higher grade film is typically recommended for climates like Arizona. When choosing window tint, always take into account sun exposure, as the harsh sun can significantly decrease the life of the window tint.
Some cleaners contain ammonia and other chemicals that can cause window film to deteriorate. Drivers should take care when selecting a glass cleaner for their vehicle. This is why we encourage you to ask additional questions about window tint lifespan and tint maintenance from one of our professionals. Cleaning your vehicle correctly can significantly increase the life of an auto tint.
These are just 4 of the main reasons that can influence the lifetime of window tint film. Make sure you keep these criteria in mind when shopping for window tint. Some types of window film will include a lifetime warranty, while other window films might not have this option included.
When Is Tint Removal Necessary in Mesa?
Professional window tint removal is always the recommended method for replacing window tint. Failing to remove the old window film correctly could prevent the new film from being able to adhere to the glass properly. Most of the time, you can tell when your window tint needs to be replaced simply by inspecting the window film. Visible signs like bubbling, peeling, cracking, or scrapes are a good indicator that the film needs to be replaced. For more information on tint removal, contact Mesa’s auto tinting experts at Smartfilm.
Thus, if you experience one of the signs of aging auto tint, you should contact our team of professionals for window tint replacement in Mesa:
- The appearance of air pockets is one of the main signs of tint removal necessity. When it ages, the tint starts to lose its adhesive properties, which leads to peeling and bubbling away from the auto glass. If left unattended, it might lead to car damage, as peeling can alter your car’s window quality.
- The appearance of scratches represents another common sign it is time to change your tint. Wear and tear is a natural outcome, but it needs professional maintenance as the damage tends to expand quite fast.
- The color of your tint appears to be different, when compared to its initial tone. Aging can cause window tint to change its color. In most situations, the dark or glossy finish fades out and loses its main coloration. This can turn out to be extremely troublesome especially if discoloration is uneven. It will lead to dark patches all over the glass, which can impact your visibility.
- Amongst the signs that tell you it is time for tint replacement in Mesa is the inferior sun protection. You might start to notice how sun rays enter your vehicle and fail to protect the interior.
Contact Smartfilm for Auto Tint & Tint Removal in Mesa
Besides considering how long does window tint last, you should also think about why you need the services of professional help to remove window tint. An expert in car tinting will know how to prevent the following damage to your car:
- The expert will use professional tools and technique for tint removal, which will prevent glass damage upon removal;
- The tint removal process is based on soaps, ammonia, and several other solvents. A professional will know how to manage such compounds to prevent damage to the upholstery;
- A professional tint removal in Mesa will know how to clean and prepare the glass after tint removal. In this way, your vehicle will be ready for a new auto tint.
Get your automotive window tinting done by Mesa’s leading experts. Call Smartfilm to receive an estimate on auto tint in Mesa or schedule an appointment for tint removal.